I have previously written about “Having the Right Digital Mindset” where I covered six topic areas to help shape your Digital Mindset.
In this series of blog posts I will expand on each of these topics.
Having the Right Digital Mindset: Application
Application is how you apply your Mindset (not an application running on a mobile or computer device).
We all have habits and norms that define our daily lives and how we apply ourselves. Some people embrace change and others find change not easy to accept, however making changes are needed to ensuring that you are working with a good Digital Mindset.
One of the biggest areas I come across on this subject is training with statements like “I don’t have time”, “I’m busy on projects all day”, “I’m not training in my own time”. Whilst you do need a good work life balance, you need to recognise that others around you are making the time and you may be left behind in growing your skills.
Changing the way that we have programmed ourselves can be done by changing small things in our routines – think Agile. Growing your skills can help you think about and adopt change.
Book in an hour in your diary (every week) to review some reading or undertake some training that will boost your skills and knowledge. Diaries often change, but if you keep to that hour a week to start with, then you can change the habit and benefit from the skills you are learning.
When you make the changes is another important step. There are lots of people who are doing this by changing their morning routines to include things like catching up on the latest social media (related to their areas of interests, jobs). I would recommend looking at a site called “My Morning Routine”. Listing a number of different morning routines from people working in many industries, it may give you some ideas on how you could make changes.
My 5 Tips
- Make small changes to your routine and over time they will become your new habits
- Embrace the change. Make it a challenge to stretch your thinking rather than a chore
- Take the opportunity to learn
- Don’t ignore the social channels, filter out the noise anD get the good content
- Think about your time. Could you listen to a podcast while you are travelling?
Blog Posts and Articles:
- Playing a game with innovation and thinking
- 12 Ways to Shift Your Mindset and Embrace Change
- 7 Ways to Level Up your Mindset
- How can you change from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset
- New Things In New Ways, or Same Old Things In Old Ways?
- Change your mindset, change the game | Dr. Alia Crum | TEDxTraverseCity
- Changing Your Mindset Can Change Your Future | Sarra Jiwa | TEDxYouth@BOSS