Microsoft have just released the slides and training for Open Source for DevOps Practices via the Microsoft Virtual Academy.
The training covers 4 sessions and uses some Microsoft Tools/Services in the demonstrations/training:
- What DevOps Means Here; Common DevOps Practices and Supporting Open Source Tooling
- Version Control as a Communication Tool; Issue Trackers as a Coordination Tool
- Shareable Development, Test and Deployment Environments and Automated Staging
- Automated Testing, Whats Next?
The sessions cover the following topics:
- DevOps Overview
- Azure Basics + Process Tools
- Source Code Repos + Communication
- Reproducible Environments
- Automated Testing
- Deployment & Configuration Management
- Release Management
- Monitor + Learn
Each session is between an 1 hour and 1 hour 20 mins. Followed by a recommended next steps section at the end.
These are good sessions and demo’s if you want to integrate typical Open Source DevOps products into a Microsoft based estate. The videos and demo’s cover: