Puppet have released their latest “State of DevOps Report for 2016“.
Having read the previous couple of years these reports give a good level of what is going on across the industries and effeminately worth downloading and reading.
Highlights from the latest reports are:
- High-performing IT organizations deploy 200 times more frequently than low performers, with 2,555 times faster lead times.
- They have 24 times faster recovery times and three times lower change failure rates.
- High-performing IT teams spend 50 percent less time remediating security issues.
- And they spend 22 percent less time on unplanned work and rework.
- Employees in high-performing teams were 2.2 times more likely to recommend their organization as a great place to work.
- Taking a lean approach to product development (for example, splitting work into small batches and implementing customer feedback) predicts higher IT performance and less deployment pain.