What a great time to volunteer as a leader for Scouting and for young people to be in the scouting movement. The partnerships that the Scouting Association have created with third parties to help deliver programmes is at a great level with so many opportunities for both leaders and scouts to learn new activities. Each of the partners provide information, resources and packs to help the delivery of the badges.
Just announced is the Scouts partnership with Dungeons and Dragons which takes me back to my teen years rolling for that Nat 20!. This and with the Raspberry Pi, Electronic and Hackathons is a geek out for me. Its great to pass on the skills and knowledge to the next generation.
Here are an example of some of the partnerships and badges
- Army – Mechanics Badge
- Dungeons and Dragons – Entertainers Badge
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) – Electronics Badge
- Manchester United Foundation – Leadership Challenge Badge
- Plusnet – Hackathons
- Raspberry Pi – Digital Maker (Staged Activity Badge)
- Rolls Royce – Scientist Badge
- Royal Marines – Snow Sports Badge
- Royal Navy – Time on Water (Staged Badge)
- UK Power Networks – Local Knowledge Badge
- UK Space Agency – Astronautics Badge
- Victorinox – Survival Badge
- Warhammer – Scouts Model Maker Badge
So how can you volunteer to help and join in?
The below is from https://www.scouts.org.uk/volunteer
Scouts is needed now more than ever. The pandemic has hit our young people hard – with two thirds saying is impacted on their mental health. Having people positive role models to guide the way, and give that extra bit of encouragement is so important in times like these. We help young people step up, speak and find their place in the world. We help them gain skills for life.
Three great reasons to volunteer:
- You’ll share your skills and experience with young people, while developing yourself
- You’ll have fun and meet new people in your area
- You’ll inspire a generation (and they’ll never forget it)
What to expect:
- A warm welcome
- Flexibility to get involved in a way that works for you
- Easy access to training and resources online
- Plenty of support and a great team
Whether you join us to directly support young people, or behind the scenes, as a volunteer manager, treasurer or fundraiser, we’ll match you with a role that suits the skills you have to share and those you’d like to gain.
No two weeks are the same, but the impact you make is always great.
You can start your journey here https://www.scouts.org.uk/groups/