Today I got a challenge from Lewis Richards (@Stroker on Twitter) – A selfie with a Raspberry PI Laptop that I have built. Okay – Challenge accepted.
Turning a Raspberry PI into a laptop is not a new thing but does look like an interesting project to undertake. If you don’t want to build your own you could buy a Raspberry PI-Top and use this pre-built case to save a build.
- Power supply – battery/mains and ability to charge the batteries
- Raspberry PI 3 (inbuilt networking)
- Screen – 7 inch – Touchscreen
- Keyboard – thin USB
- Operating System
- I like the addition of other boards such as the arduino for connectivity as well as the Raspberry PI
- Access to the ports on the Raspberry PI
- I’m more into an external mouse but happy to include a form of track pad.
- Suitable cooling for the laptop
- Future expansion for the device or ability to swap items out
- Portability of the device and solidity of the case
- Do something unique/original for the build